Thursday, November 5, 2009

Saint Helen

Happy Birthday to Mi Madre, HELEN!!

On this very special day, I just want to say thank you to this lovely woman for a couple of things. I know I don't say it enough!

Thank you, Mom, for CONSTANTLY praying for me - without it, I would probably be dead. Or in prison.

Thank you, Mom, for your patience when I tease you about putting you in the best Nursing Home possible. (Even though I will. Try.)

Thank you, Mom, for giving me your quirky sense of humor - I laugh at strange things all the time.

Thank you, Mom, for narrating every movie we've ever watched together. Sometimes it's helpful.

Thank you, Mom, for sending me home with food every time I leave your house. Without that, I would have to live on tortillas and peanut butter.

Thank you, Mom, for thinking that I'm "Special." Only you could mean it in a way that doesn't have me riding on the short bus.


I hope you have a great birthday. I'm sure glad you were born :)

And for the record, if you ever get Alzheimer's and forget who I am, I will play along so you don't feel confused. I love you that much.

No comments: