Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My BO-friend's Back!!

I looked at the clock: 6:30 a.m. Although I desperately wanted to, I couldn't fall back to sleep. It was the first Husker Gameday, and I was going to be at Memorial Stadium in less than 12 hours. So, after tossing and turning for another 15-20 minutes, I got up and looked into my parent's room to see if either of them were awake. No luck--they were sound asleep. I felt like I was a kid again, wanting to tap on one of their shoulder's and say "I can't sleep." But, since I'm an adult, I decided against it and went downstairs to read the Pre-game in the sports section and to also play with my new 'toy' --a digital camera. (Yep, I finally stepped into the 21st Century! Congrats to me--LOL). I familiarized myself with some different settings and modes and anxiously awaited for ESPN CollegeGameday to start. Kirk Herbstreit is my "Fall Boyfriend." (more on that as the season progresses.) Finally my parents woke up and I was able to share my excitement with other people. I think my Dad thought I was on drugs or something. He wasn't nearly as pumped as I was that early in the morning.
Anisa and Nancy came to pick me up to go tailgating around 1:00. It was HOT, but it was awesome to be in the mix downtown. Lots of people, lots of tailgating, lots of fun. My dad met up with us a little later, and he was anxious to get into the stadium to soak up some of the atmosphere. The tunnel walk was amazing…I’m really proud of myself, my bladder cooperated this year. So what, last year, I got a little overly-excited at the first game and peed a little. If I were 20 years older, I’d probably consult a physician, but for now I’m not worried.

All in all, the game was good. It’s fun to “talk football” with my Dad. I will never admit to him that I am not 100% sure what the Spread Offense is, or that the only reason I buy the programs is to check out the hot college guys (only if they’re 20 and over…I have morals, people), but I have always been grateful to learn about a sport that he loves and that he is always more than willing to answer my questions, even if I’ve asked it a dozen times before.

Chalk up a “W” for the first game of the Bo Pelini era. My shirt that read “My BO-friends Back” was a crowd favorite. I guess I haven’t worn a printed T-shirt in a while. Kinda weird to have people look at The Girls, crinkle their brow with confusion, start smiling and THEN look at your face. Felt like I was back in Junior High (“Yes boys, these are boobs. And, just for the record, my eyes are UP HERE.” ) One old guy even gave me the ‘thumbs up’ sign. Lucky me.

Enjoy the picturesJ
Tippy Cup, anyone?!
Lovely Anisa!
I love this pic of my Dad...he did not share my enthusiasm when he saw it!
LOL--this is a sight you don't see every day!

Trying out some different settings on my *new* camera!

GO BIG RED!

Until Next Time!


Just wanted to add a new slide show trick that I just learned!
Click to play Husker Game
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: