Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just another day...

After moving to Omaha, I worked at Target part-time for about 3 ½ years to supplement my income and to get the discount. I think I ended up spending more there than I earned, but at this point, that is neither here nor there. One day while I was working, I got to talking to a college student about the best Christmas present we’ve ever received. Other than luggage that my parents bought for me while I was in college, the best present I received was my little George Foreman grill. It’s perfect for one or two people. You can put two hamburger patties on it, or grill small chicken strips on it, and it works out perfectly for ‘just me.’ Upon hearing this, said college student responded with: “No doubt. George Foreman’s SAVE LIVES.” I don’t know why I found this so humorous, but it’s a quote that has stuck with me for a while now. I used my George Foreman last night to grill up some tasty treats, and I got to thinking about other things that “Save Lives.” Here are just a few on my list:
1. George Foreman Grill: you don’t have to be a bachelor to truly appreciate the GF. Just make sure it’s still warm when you clean it, otherwise, it’s trouble.
2. Zyrtek –D: Thank you, Nikki Fyfe for recommending this GLORIOUS allergy pill. I feel like my life has completely changed in the three days I’ve been on it.
3. Spell Check: Enuf sed. (lol) One question: Why doesn’t Facebook have it?
4. Texting: I’m not as big of a texter as some of my friends are, yet I find this ‘new’ form of communication to be one of the best time savers and ways to keep in touch. Some have called it “impersonal” but I disagree. Sometimes it’s good to avoid the small talk and get to the point. One rule: No texting and driving!
5. Straighteners: I have naturally wavy hair. Not the cute, “Oh I don’t do anything to it” wavy, but the mangled, half-rat’s nest wavy. If it weren’t for straighteners, I’d NEVER get a date. Wait a minute…

I have to laugh at myself right now. I feel like the title of this should be “Semi-deep thoughts by Jack Handy.” This is what happens when I live alone! I start thinking very random thoughts. Oh well, sometimes it’s good to be inside my head…definitely entertaining!

Until next time…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL at your straightener comment! People ask me where Ivy got her curls from and I say "me" and they look at my hair like, 'yeah, nice try, it's straight' then I have to say "I straighten it" and they can't believe I would straighten naturally curly hair...but I shiver at the thought of getting out of the shower and just letting my hair 'air dry'...*shiver*