Monday, August 18, 2008

Praise the Lord!!

That was the theme Sunday, during Heidi's Baptism. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was asked to be the Godmother, so my presence was required at this blessed event. I drove in that morning from Des Moines, after celebrating Jessica's birthday with my family for most of the weekend. I was greeted by the lovely Kahler/Gonzales/Stuedemann family, whom I consider 'family' although our DNA doesn't technically match. Anyway, we had a scrumptious lunch and took several pictures in the process. Here's one of my faves so far:
At this point, I think Heidi was a little overwhelmed by all of the action happening around her! From there, Heidi had a wardrobe change, and we got ready to go:
This was the dress Meghan wore to her Baptism. I thought that was really nice! Meghan kept saying she looked like a character from The Little House on the Prairie; I thought she was ADORABLE!! The Baptismal ceremony was nice--although Meghan thought the Priest was a little crazy. Apparently, I was the only one of the four of us that skimmed through "The Guide for Godparents" book....but I still was unsure about the responses we had to give to the Priest when he asked us a bunch of questions. We muddled through them anyway! Praise the Lord!! hehe
Heidi didn't mind the water as much as she didn't like being laid horizontally...her little cry was so cute! Thankfully, Chris was a pro at holding the squirmy baby:)
So far, being a God Mother has gone pretty well! I even surprised myself when Meghan asked me a few questions about things around the church. Thank you, 12 years of Catholic School and a half-way decent memory!
God Bless Heidi Leigh....
Until next time....
Oh, I just realized that now my name is permanently on both Meghan and Chris' marriage license AND Heidi's Baptismal Certificate....they couldn't get rid of me even if they tried!!
LOL--suckas! You're stuck with me!!

No comments: