Monday, July 28, 2008

What’s in a name?

The hardest part of starting a blog (for me anyway) was finding an appropriate name. One of the reasons it took me so long to start one is because of the fact that I’m a little on the indecisive side. For those of you that have ever gone to a restaurant with me, you know this ALL too well, and for that I apologize. I can be decisive on things like alcoholic beverages (I’ll choose beer every time), whether or not to wear white socks with black shoes (the answer is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ‘No’—please don’t challenge me on this one), or if I think pickles should be allowed anywhere on my plate (Naaaaaaasty!). Of course there are many more which will be shared throughout my blogging experience. But, back to the point, I had trouble deciding on a name. These were some of my original ideas:

“You Know?”
“It’s (NOT) Complicated”
“The Popester”
“The Wannabe Redhead”
“My Life as Valpo”
“What’s a Happenin,’ Hot Stuff?
“Bleepity-Bleep-Bleep-Bleep”
“You’ve got to be kidding me?!”
“I Speak Fluent Sarcasm”
“Introducing: Tammy Tube-Top”
“Mission: Taco Bell”

Some of them have deep meaning, but most of them are just reflections of something that happened in my life or a funny experience that I feel defined who I am. Okay, the latter is total BS, but regardless…..

The winner was (obviously)…………..drum roll……..The Wannabe Redhead. I feel like deep down inside, I should’ve been born a redhead. I love the fact that redheads are known as “Fiery” and “Sassy.” For most of my adult life, I’ve tried to put some sort of red in my hair. Recently, I went to a dark brown, but, when the sunlight hits it just right, you can still see a little bit of red in there. I love it! It was hard to say no to Introducing: Tammy Tube Top. She is my “alter ego” and comes out sometimes when, of course, there’s a tube top involved. Don’t worry, she’ll make an appearance or two throughout the life of this blog. But in the end, The Wannabe Redhead won out—which isn’t surprising.

Until next time……

No comments: