Monday, February 15, 2010

What Else? ..A surgery update...

Hey Everyone!

First of all, Thank You to all of you for your prayers & well wishes for my surgery! I was a little hopped up on "Surgery Drugs" for a good portion of last week, so I apologize for not getting this posted sooner.

The surgery went well! Once Dr. Emodi got a closer look, he noticed that there was more damage than he initially thought. Because of this, he had to put multiple (approx. 10) pins in my wrist, as well as a plate. He also had to do some re-wiring of a joint or two. I'm quite positive I will be setting off any & all metal detectors at airport security for the rest of my life! Awesome! Oh, and I have pictures/X-rays of what it looks like... I'm trying to scan/upload. (Gimme a break... I'm working with one hand here!)

My Dad drove me to & from the hospital, and waited patiently during the very looong procedure = thanks, Big Guy!

My sister Rachel came in from KC to help me out. Overnight, she had wake me up every four hours to give me meds, feed me saltines, and do what she does best = make me laugh! I especially appreciated the 3:00 A.M. gab-fest...I was WIDE AWAKE!(Thanks Seester!)

Thanks to the people that dropped off food, called/emailed to check up on me, drove me around, etc. (Man, I've been a real pain in the ass lately!!)

Surgery was successful, I will be in this Splint & Sling for about 3-4 weeks, then will be put into a half "real" cast for another 3-4 weeks. (I'm thinking GREEN for St. Patty's... Thoughts?!) I go back to the doctor Friday for a check up, so I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again to all of you!

No comments: