Monday, September 28, 2009

R.I.P. Blackberry #1

It was a ROUGH weekend.

My beloved, treasured, forever adored Blackberry froze/broke/kicked-the-bucket on Friday.

I went to the Altell store only for them to say they needed to order me another one, but it would take 2-5 days for it to get here.

TWO TO FIVE DAYS?!?!? Two to five days without Internet. Facebook. BBM. Text Messages. My Contacts. Music. Pictures. WHAT??!?!?

(That's when the hyperventilating began.)

In the meantime, I could use one of their loan-er phones. I shuttered at the thought.

I went from this...


To THIS...

But WAIT. This picture does not depict the true essence of the loan-er phone. (I would take a picture of it & upload it, but my BLACKBERRY broke & I can't. BITTER, party of one?! Right here!!) Nope, the phone I took home is banged up, has a brownish-black tint to it - no doubt from all of the hands that have touched it over the past year or so - and is unbearably hard to read. I took a Clorox wipe to it, just in case it happened to be carrying the H1N1 virus.

I become involuntarily ANGRY every time I look at this phone.

ANGRY.



I am a bit embarrassed that this is how I am acting about A PHONE. I realize that there are much worse things happening around me, and in the world in which we live.

But - how can I solve the world's problems WITHOUT A BLACKBERRY?! (Hyperventilating again....give me a second...)

I guess "Mission: Save the World, Valerie-Style" will reconvene in 2 - 5 days.

Rest in Peace, Blackberry #1. Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

Urban Mom said...

OH, I HEAR ya on this one. I had to take in my Palm Centro recently 'cause it suddenly had a life of its own that did not include me. And the VZW guys says, "you need a new phone." He didn't seem to get that I wanted THAT phone. I did NOT want another phone. I wanted THAT ONE RIGHT THERE. Well, maybe he did get it, because he eventually made it return to its obedient self. But still, for a few minutes there, a huge chunk of my life was in horrific peril.

I know, dramatic much? But this post tells me that you understand...