Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Hot Air in the Windy City...

I went to Chicago this weekend to spend some time with a few of my Girls. We had so much fun that I'm still a little sleepy from all of the activities & adventures! It was a GREAT time!

I didn't take too many pictures--there was too much going on--but I did capture a few good ones.

Here's Tayla & I enjoying a few brews at the Hotel bar.

Angie & I went for a 6 mile run on Saturday morning (she's training for a Full Marathon). As much as I despise any form of exercising while on vacation, I thoroughly enjoyed this run because of the view & the company. (This isn't my picture, but in person it was exactly like this, only closer!)

Two of the beauties I hung out with this weekend :) --showing their Husker pride!Go Big Red!

Coincidentally, the couple that gave me life were in town for the Bears/Steelers game. They met up with us at Kirkwoods, a HUSKER BAR for the NU/VT game.
(The sad, sad game. * TEAR *)

I had so much fun hanging out with these two! Can you blame me? Look at this guy!
(The man loves his corn!)


Oh, and there was an incident where the dress I was wearing was too slippery for a bar stool I tried to sit on. In what seemed like SLOOOOOW Motion, I went sliding off & landed on my ass. Thank God I have a little 'junk in the trunk' to help cushion the blow! Don't worry, my "friends" whipped out their cameras, took pictures, and were doubled-over, laughing. Looking forward to seeing THAT picture!

Some Steelers fans I had just made friends with were kind enough to help me up. AND they bought me a shot! Good times! Let's be honest - it's not the first time I've had issues with hand/eye/foot/butt coordination! An excursion just wouldn't be complete without me showing off how uncoordinated I am!

(It's a wonder I'm able to live in society!)

I was sad to leave the City, but it's always good to come back to Good Ol' Nebraska!

Thanks to my fantastic friends for a wonderful weekend!

No comments: