Top Ten Reasons I Love College Football (aka, Husker Season):
10. Trick Plays—You have to admit, seeing Marlon Lucky, an I -back, throw a 20 yard touchdown pass to Joe Ganz is pretty darn amazing.
9. Random High-Fives: Nothing brings strangers together like cheering for the same team. Plus, who doesn’t like a high five every once in a while? Just thinking about it makes me smile!
8. Chili –yep, I said chili…I love making it and there’s no better time than when the air is brisk, and there’s a football game on the tube. Along with a side of Bean-O, it makes a perfect meal! (Have respect for your fellow chili eaters and take the damn Bean-O, okay?!)
7. Tailgating—beer and football…does life get any better?
6. Upsets—I hope we’re in for a few surprises this year throughout all conferences. I don’t know why, but my blood starts to boil when I hear someone mutter the words “Pete Carroll” or “Chase Daniel.” –puke. I realize that we’re not playing USC this year, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t root for whatever team is playing against them, no matter who it is. And if ESPN plays that stupid commercial where Chase Daniel is running the ball in for a touchdown and he does this girlie little jump into the end zone ONE MORE TIME, I just might poke my right eye out. Maybe it’s just because the team he’s scoring against is NEBRASKA. What an awful game....
5. Bowl Games—There’s something about watching a day jam-packed full of FB games in the middle of the winter that just gets me going! Hopefully, the “’skers” will get to one this year!
4. Tight Ends—Their versatility and speed help create mismatches in coverage, thereby opening up a team's passing attack… Why, what did you think I was talking about?
3. Joe Ganz— Every year I have “my player” on the Husker team. This year it’s My Buddy Joe. It really helps that he’s CUTE and that I am a sucker for dimples. Oh yeah, and he can pass, run, and catch…some pretty important things when you play football. I don’t think that qualifies me as a Cougar, does it? (Enter cougar-like sound affect and cat hand gesture -here-)
2. The Tunnel Walk—for some reason, I hear this and I abruptly have to pee…my pants.
And the Number One Reason I love College Football Season Is...
1. Kirk Herbstreit—I guess, sitting next to that ugly mug of Lee Corso’s, almost ANYONE would look good, but KH has my attention every time he speaks. How else would I know what I know about Football? Plus, at the beginning of the season, he said that Nebraska has the most to prove this season and he thinks they’re going to surprise everyone. "You would say that, just for me?! I...well, I... I just don't know how to respond!" ...LOL, we’ll see what happens once we start playing the conference games. Either way, I *heart* you, KH!
What is it with me and making lists? I think it's hereditary(?)
Until next time…..
Side note: I would LOVE if you would share your comments with me! I know that there are at least two people that read my blog (thanks Mom--and Meghan) but I would like to know who else is out there! Feel free to make whatever comments you’d like. Feedback to a “writer” like myself is always welcome!!! Just click on the "Comments" link below the entry and share with me!! THANKS!!